If your property is not insured, or if your insurance will not cover all your losses, contact your family lawyer or the Internal Revenue Service for directions. You may be eligible for casualty loss.

Click here for IRS Publication 574, Tax Information on Disasters, Casualty Losses and Thefts.

You should also obtain a copy of the fire report.

If you do not have renter’s insurance, please contact:

Lindalee Schwinnen
Shelter Insurance Agent
728 Front Street, Suite B
Louisville, CO 80027

She can explain policies that will only cost you as little as $8.00 – $15.00 per month. She will educate you about how renters insurance works and why you should have it.